With all the talk in the news about bed bugs spreading across Europe, we wanted to help you protect your bed against these unwanted visitors. Preventing and stopping bed bugs can be a real challenge and may well require professional help, but here are a few steps you can take to try and prevent them:
- Clean your bedroom regularly:
- Vacuuming frequently and ensuring all small cracks and crevices are cleaned.
- Wash bed linen or any infested items on a high heat setting
- Protect your bed with an Encasement.
- Encase your mattress and pillows in a bed bug proof encasement to stop bed bugs getting in or out.
- Travel Smart
- Store luggage away from the bed and not on the floor.
- Do not leave clothes on chairs or beds in the hotel room.
- When returning from a trip was clothes on a high heat setting.